What to Expect
- Please do not bring food, drinks or toys to class. It inhibits your child’s ability to participate, and distracts the other children. Their hands, voices and bodies will be very busy!
- Please arrive on time. All children need a few minutes to settle into a new environment.
- Listening to the music frequently will make class more enjoyable for your child, and they will learn more.
- Please set your phone to silent or vibrate.
- We ask that children remove shoes during class. Barefoot is best for sensory development, and this helps with balance and safety.
- Kindermusik is a special time for you and your child. We hope that you will use the class time to fully enjoy, and participate in the activities.
- Young children learn by discovery and imitation. So, no matter what your voice sounds like or how silly you feel, you are your child’s best teacher and they will learn to do what you model for them!
- Staying focused on the activity will help class move along smoothly, whereas visiting distracts all the children and parents. You are welcome to enjoy the playground before or after class!
- Encourage your child by describing what they did. Using phrases such as “You tapped the sticks” or “You jumped so high,” rather than “good job” fosters motivation and enhances self esteem.
- Allow your child to have his or her own response. Even if your child’s response is inward or different, it is still their way of learning. The Kindermusik philosophy asks for acceptance and respect of each response. We trust children to interact with the environment when they are ready.
- Running is not permitted for the safety of the children.
- Also, please stop any “contagious behaviors” that affect the class.
- Please try to find time to enjoy the home activities and music with your child. It enhances the in-class experience, and increases the value of your Kindermusik investment!